#HRTX VIRTUAL: MARCH 4TH, 2021
If you attended any of our #HRTX Virtual events in 2020, then you know the quality of content is high-level. The trainers are badass and the learning that takes place is really special.
We are back at it for 2021. Save the date!
HRTX Virtual 2021 will kick off with our first (un)conference on March 4th. We have a really exciting agenda planned. This training event WILL boost your abilities, broaden your knowledge, and introduce you to some new faces.
We are really excited for 2021.
With 2020 finally in our rearview, we are looking FORWARD from here on out. To kick off our #HRTX Virtual training event series, we have curated an agenda to tackle some hot topics that keep everyone awake at night.
While we can’t promise you the answer to everything, (it’s 42, by the way), we can promise you some kick-ass training sessions that will leave you with skills, tips, and tools that you can immediately implement to improve your workflow.
HRTX Virtual March Event: Enjoy training sessions with hands-on learning & deep dives, plus ignite sessions with AMAs from top trainers and practitioners in the business.
Some of these topics for 2021:
- Layoffs, boomerangs, furloughs
- DE&I – Avoiding bias, hiring best practices, and accountability
- The distributed workforce
- Infusing empathy and humanity into the candidate experience
- Phone Sourcing and Conversion
- Gamification in the Recruitment process
- Sourcing models and 360 Recruiting
- High Volume Recruiting
- Automation high volume hiring to increase productivity/efficiency
Who are the trainers?
Recruiting Manager, Shared Services at Spanx
Senior Recruiter – Technology at The Home Depot
Technical Sourcing Lead at M&T Bank
Dean Da Costa
Enterprise Sourcing Practice Lead at Lockheed Martin
Master of Ceremonies at HRTX
Mike “Batman” Cohen
Founder & Sourcer at Wayne Technologies
Julia “Wonder Woman” Adler
Sourcer at Wayne Technologies
Principal Contract Sourcer at VillageMD
Senior Technical Sourcing Recruiter at Amazon
HERE'S THE AGENDA
11:00 am est - 11:15 am est
Kick-Off & Keynote
Ryan Leary, HRTX Master of Ceremonies & CMO at RecruitingDaily.com
11:15 am est - 11:50 am est
Diversity Sourcing Strategies & DEI Within Your TA Team
Mariam Malik, Senior Recruiter Technology at The Home Depot
As you know, Diversity, Inclusion & Equity are an essential focus of Talent Acquisition.
This is a team effort, so let’s cover it together. We’re going to quickly & truly define DI&E with a run-through of backed stats in the workplace.
We’ll discuss social media recruiting, targeting association groups, campus recruitment, and other searches to help with diversity sourcing.
In addition, we’ll talk about employer branding & ambassadors, job descriptions, awareness, and speaker series. And we’ll uncover metrics to review when creating a strategy and how to measure them.
In a nutshell:
- We’ll discover different channels and sourcing methods to increase the diversity of your candidate pool.
- Define real changes that companies can make to offer an inclusive environment and increase diverse applicant flow for all.
- Discuss important metrics for DI&E program/sourcing efforts, receiving management support.
11:50 am est - 12:10 pm est
A Data-Driven Approach to Diversity Recruiting
Anoop Gupta, Co-Founder & CEO at SeekOut.io
According to the October 2020 CEO Report from Deloitte, 96% of CEOs agree that DEI is a strategic priority. 90% are prioritizing Talent Recruitment for DEI for the next 12 months. 72% agree that investing in DEI data and analytics is critical. Our sense of urgency to address diversity has sky-rocketed given recent events, and it’s likely, you are on point to deliver on the organization’s goals. Do you feel ready?
In this session we’ll discuss a data-driven approach you can take to set realistic diversity goals and achieve them.
- Understanding diversity inside your company, at competitors, regionally for different functions/roles.
- Using data to engage with hiring managers to set realistic D&I goals.
- Strategically sourcing to ensure that top-of-funnel is appropriately diverse.
- Reducing unconscious bias throughout the hiring process.
We will use concrete examples and tools to show how technology/AI can be your ally in achieving your organization’s D&I goals.
12:15 pm est - 12:45 pm est
Improve Candidate Outreach: “Follow the Breadcrumbs”
Pete Radloff, Senior Technical Sourcing Recruiter at Amazon
Ignite & Ask Me Anything: "Follow the Breadcrumbs"
12:45 pm est - 1:05 pm est
Develop People. Drive Performance. Deliver Results.
Lori Smith, Vice President of Account Management at PeopleFluent
PeopleFluent's new SaaS technology is here.
Recruiting the people you need, when you need them with PeopleFluent’s Recruiting Software, which is designed with you in mind to create a better candidate experience, continuous sourcing, video integration, single-click post to free job boards, and easily track and manage lead sources and recruiting metrics. Lori will walk you through a demonstration of PeopleFluent‘s new SaaS technology which will help modernize your recruiting process.
1:10 pm est - 1:45 pm est
Qualification Call Best Practices
Mike “Batman” Cohen, Founder & Sourcer at Wayne Technologies
You know what people don't talk about? Talking!
We’ve all seen trainings on Sourcing, Messaging, etc., but what about the tactical best practices for Qualification Calls?
Qualifications Calls are the first point of contact with the candidate – the literal building blocks of Candidate Experience.
What we’ll cover:
- What information should you get from the candidate?
- How should you get it?
- What do you do with it? (or how do you organize it?)
- Is there a better way?
Come join me for some great tips/tricks!
1:45 pm est - 2:15 pm est
Using Social Media Personas to Develop Candidate Outreach
Ronnie Bratcher, Principal Contract Sourcer at VillageMD
Ignite & Ask Me Anything: Using Social Media Personas to Develop Candidate Outreach
In this session Ronnie will show a few tricks on finding profiles on a few social media sites. Even though the yield will be low potentially, you will find more of a persona to help develop your outreach message to introduce your organization and roles. Ronnie will spend 15 minutes instructing on the techniques and then you will have 15 minutes to ask questions and maybe test a few of your openings using these methods or others.
- Instagram bio profiles only
- Medium.com Bio profiles
- We will keep the 3rd one open for imagination to continue into the AMA.
2:15 pm est - 2:35 pm est
Recruiting with Efficiency and Data to Build Stronger, More Diverse Teams
Christi Trovato, Account Executive at Gem
This is how talent teams are leveraging Gem to become truly data-driven.
In this demo session, we will show you how talent teams are leveraging Gem to become truly data-driven, double their sourcing efficiency, and build more diverse teams by ensuring that their hiring practices are equitable.
With Gem teams like Dropbox, Slack, Asana are:
- Sourcing candidates 4x faster and 2x positive response rate
- Automating their email follow-ups
- Tracking diversity analytics within their pipeline
- Identifying and eliminate unconscious bias in their hiring process
- Improving collaboration with hiring managers
…and so much more, all within Gem.
2:40 pm est - 3:15 pm est
How to Source Your Network & Improve Your Response Rate
Larry Anderson, Recruiting Manager of Shared Services at Spanx
You have found the perfect candidates?
Great! Now why won’t they respond to you?
If you are tired of not hearing back from those purple squirrels, then listen in and find out how to get them to at least acknowledge your presence (at worst) and place them (at best)!
Also, learn how to build a network of candidates so they know you personally instead of just another recruiter.
Some of what we’ll cover:
- Utilize marketing data to improve and craft more effective emails and messages.
- From cold calls and new acquaintances to long-time friends, leverage your network effectively.
3:15 pm est - 3:45 pm est
Teach a Sourcer to Fish: Researching Your Role
Julia “Wonder Woman” Adler, Senior Sourcer & Marketing Lead at Wayne Technologies
Ignite & Ask Me Anything: Teach a Sourcer to Fish
- Resources to aid your research
- Avenues to consider in your research
- Helpful extensions
- Any questions you have on the topic!
3:45 pm est - 4:05 pm est
“Seeing Beyond the Resume” – Connect with Talented People in a More Human Way
Andrew Wood, CRO and Co-Founder at Willo
Traditional hiring processes that revolve around CVs are no longer sufficient – they don’t pinpoint the right qualities demanded of leaders today, and their dated criteria can obscure many talented individuals from even hitting the radar.
Join Andrew Wood, co-founder of Willo who has hired over 2,000 graduates in his career, who will explain how to move away from the resume and unlock incredible talent.
In this 20 min session you will learn:
- The problems with using a resume for hiring.
- How to measure coachability, work ethic and attitude from a resume.
- How you can use technology to see beyond the resume and assess people on personality and soft skills.
- And you’ll also get a free video interviewing account provided by Willo.
4:10 pm est - 4:45 pm est
Tools for Finding Tech Talent
Dean Da Costa, Enterprise Sourcing Practice Lead at Lockheed Martin
Steve Levy, Technical Sourcing Lead at M&T Bank
Dean & Steve: tools, tricks, and talent.
This session is a simple premise, but it will be jam packed with information. Dean & Steve will walk you through tools and techniques to help you find the best tech talent while saving you time, resources, and sanity.
You will not want to miss Dean and Steve in the same room.
BONUS: After the first half of their presentation, we let you set the stage and lead their lesson. Bring your questions!
4:45 pm est - 4:50 pm est
It’s a Wrap
Ryan Leary, HRTX Master of Ceremonies & CMO at RecruitingDaily.com